Frozen Smoothie Bars
- 1 cup of your choice of berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, etc.)
- 5 cups (450g) of Natural or Vanilla Bean Epigamia Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 ½ cups granola
- 2-3 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- In a medium size pan over medium-high heat, combine and cook strawberries until they become a jam-like consistency. Cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring often, until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.Repeat with other berries for variety, if desired.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix together yogurt, milk and honey. Mixture should be thick but pourable. Taste mixture to see if you want to add 2-3 teaspoons of sugar for additional sweetness.
- To assemble, pour 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt into each mold then add 1-2tablespoons of fruit jam and a tablespoon of granola. Continue layering until the molds are filled. Tap mold against the counter to release any air bubbles and freeze for at least 6 hours (time will vary according to freezer setting and how full it is).
- To remove smoothie bars from the mold, run it under hot water.
*Frozen Smoothie Bars will keep for 1 week in the freezer.