Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup ground oat flour (take whole oats and grind to powder form)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg (optional)
- 1 ½ cups whole milk (or almond milk if dairy-free)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1 cup Natural Epigamia Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (chopped or blended into puree)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the whole wheat flour, oat flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and mix well until smooth. Add the yogurt and strawberries and mix well.
- Heat a medium size nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat and grease with butter, coconut oil or nonstick cooking spray. Spoon a ¼ cup of the batter onto the pan for each pancake and cook just until the bubbles form around the edges of the pancake, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Transfer the pancakes to a plate and serve topped with maple syrup and anyadditional fruit of choice.